Thursday, February 27, 2014

Tutorial: Anime Face

So if you've ever read any of my friends blogs (Audrey, Lyndsey, Courtney) they all have posts about art. I mean, I did one earlier, but I'm gonna do another one cuz I feel like it. Deal with it.

Anyway, so I love to draw. I draw whenever I get bored, and most of the time, my art winds up on my wall. One thing that I particularly enjoy drawing is anime/manga. So I suppose I'll do a short tutorial on how I do my art.

So here we go I guess...

First you start by drawing a circle. This will help with the basic head shape. It doesn't have to be perfect.

Next you draw the jaw. Erase the bottom of the circle too. This is your head shape.

Third you draw the outline of the eyes. You can choose whatever shape you want, I just went with a classic one that you see in many anime and manga.

After you outline the eyes, add detail to them. 

Finish the face by adding the mouth, nose, and blush.

Once you finish the face, you can draw the hair, choose any style you like, I prefer long hair with bangs.

Finally, you can add the neck and shoulders, add a few details you forgot, and you're finished!

So that's my process of drawing a face. If you decide to draw this, it might not turn out the best, my old drawings weren't that great either. You'll get better with practice though! This drawings wasn't one of my best considering it was done in ten minutes while watching TV. My other drawings are pretty good though. So have fun drawing, and draw away!

No comments:

Post a Comment