Friday, April 25, 2014

Seeing Stars

Over the spring break, I decided I wanted to do artwork. Specifically, spray paint. If you've ever travelled to a large city, you've probably seen street artists. I'm not talking about the kind of artists who do graffiti or put chalk on the sidewalks to do those fricking amazing drawing such as:
Image from Google
I mean those street artists who take their spray paint and paper and stuff and make those awesome space scenes. They do it in, like, three minutes right in front of you. I decided I wanted to do those. So the first thing I did before I started was google how to make those. I learned pretty quickly. After that I went and got all the stuff I would need.

I went outside in the backyard (where my parents told me I had to be) and I started to spray. I think that they turned out pretty kick ass if I do say so myself. 
What do you think?

The only thing I had trouble with at first was the stars. They were pretty hard to do and not matter how many videos I watched, or articles I read, I couldn't figure out how to do them. Then, I figured out a common thing in all of the tutorials. In all of them, you flicked the white paint to make it splatter. Seeing as how I wasn't able to do that, I didn't know I would be able to do it. 

Then I figured it out. I had a paint spatula thingy. I sprayed a bunch of white onto the tip, held it over the paper, then flicked it. It worked pretty well and I soon got the hang of it. In thirty minutes, I was able to make five or six scenes. 

I really enjoy doing this, and who knows, maybe I'll be able to sell them eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment