Friday, May 2, 2014

Last Day

Today was a sad, sad, day for me. It was my last day of lacrosse for the season. We had a game and it was awesome. We won 8-4 and it was fabulous. I played goalie for the first half of the game and I only let two goals in. I saved four goals as well.

I really love lacrosse. It's my favorite sport ever. That and if I ever tried soccer I'd fall on my face because I can't run and kick a ball at the same time.

Anyway, in the game, there was one player on the other team, number three. She was scary. She could run really fast and would always shoot. Not only that, but she called out a play.

At one point in the first half, while I was goalie, we got a yellow card. That means that one person on our team has to sit out for two minutes. The other team was rewarded with the ball. Number three sprinted it down the field and brought the ball to our end. Our defense was awesome considering we were playing man down. She brought it to the lower left side of the field and started yelling "Po" Everyone was confused, that is until after she shot. She shot at the goal and made it in. It had been a direct shot since she beat her defender.

After that I looked to the other side of the net and realized what happened. The play was named "Po." It was meant to draw our defense away. Their attack would run to the opposite side of the field than the ball, drawing all our defense to them. It was really smart. It was annoying though.

During the second half, I got to play attack. I didn't score any goals, but I was able to get the ball at one point. It was pretty awesome. So all in all, it was an awesome last game. We played really hard and we won the game. It was cool. Also, we got to wear our white uniforms, which are my favorite.
I'm number 21

No comments:

Post a Comment