Thursday, January 9, 2014

I am a Responsible Working Person Now... Ew!

So I actually got a job! Yay for me! I now work at Empire Lodge at Deer Valley bussing tables. That basically means that I take people dishes for them and sort them. Not the best job, but it pays $8.50 an hour, so that pretty good, especially since I work seven hours. I work from 9-4 and it's not actually that bad. Except for a couple things.

First off, the uniform. Like, what the hell is this? Freaking polyester pants that only look fancy, but in reality are cheap as hell. Then there's the fact that they're too big or too small, I can't win! Also, they're really loose everywhere, except the butt. It's like "Hey look at my butt!" Except for the fact that my butt is actually covered by a disgusting, puke-colored vest. Like, what is this? It look disgusting! And the shirts are a giant baggy, button-up, collared shirt. It's weird. I understand that I have to tuck it in, but it's still giant on me, and I have a small! That is why I hate my uniform. It's terrible.

I also have to stand all day which is really annoying and it hurts. Not only do my feet hurt, but I have a bad knee that gets painful when I have to stand too long. It kinda really sucks. Especially since I only get 40 minutes of break in a seven hour day. It kinda sucks and at the end of the day, my knees and feet are killing me. So that kinda sucks.

There are some good things though. For example: I met some really cool friends who work with me. One of them is named Drew. He's really funny and cool. We make jokes and stuff the entire time we're working. Another person is a girl named Nicole. She's from Argentina. She's also really funny. One time at the end of the day when we were cleaning up, Drew and I went upstairs to put the trash and recycle bins where they go at the end of the day and Nicole happened to be upstairs. Drew said something, I forget what, and Nicole started to spray him with the orange cleaner we use for the tables! He started trying to hit her with one of the rags we use to clean the table, and Nicole sprayed him in the ear! His expression was priceless! He wound up smelling like oranges and had a very clean ear...

So like I said, work is hard and annoying, but it can also be really fun if you work with the right people.


Here have a crappy picture I drew...

No comments:

Post a Comment