Sunday, November 24, 2013

3/4 of a Fish

Hello there all! So this morning my dad woke me up bright and early by tickling my feet. I dragged myself out of bed and put on mah fishing clothes!

Yup. I went deep sea fishing. I always do on trips like this. So anyway, I always get seasick. But only when I'm deep sea fishing. It's weird. Today though, I didn't. It was awesome. We went around for a bit before finally, the fish started biting. We caught eight fish total between the three of us. My dad won our competition with the most fish caught at three fish. Two wahoo and a barracuda! I came in second with two and 3/4 fish. Yes, you read that right, 3/4. I caught one and 3/4 wahoo and one barracuda. My brother came in last with a wahoo and a tuna.

So onto the 3/4 of a fish that I reeled in. The fish grabbed onto the bait and started to pull. I let him pull it until he stopped before starting to reel. I reeled for a while before the "fish" started to pull the line again. It swam really fast and hard. It finally stopeed and I reeled it in half-way before we saw something white in the water. The captain said that it was probably a shark and that it had most likely attacked the fish I was reeling in. I, of course, didn't believe him. I had never heard of this before! I finally pulled the fish in all the way and there it was in all its glory. It's tail bitten off and guts falling out. It had obviously been attacked by a shark. It was wicked! Here's a picture I took:
Yup... Pretty damn awesome..

Anyway, after that adventure, we went back and I lazed around inside until it was 5 o'clock. I then got ready and put on my bathing suit for a night dive. We went out to a place where we were yesterday and got on all our gear. There really is no way to describe how awesome night dives are. They're so much better than normal dives. And then there's the fact that I'm afraid of the dark and I'm afraid of sharks... So that kinda sucked a little, but other than that it was cool!

Tonight for dinner, we ate the fish that we caught this morning and I ate the last slice of key-lime pie. Because of this, my adult friend Don flipped me off. I then gave him a snarky reply and my mother just looked at me and said "You are so snarky!" And I got sad because that's what Boyfriend always says to me and I miss him. Anyway, I came back to the house thingy and stole the internet to write this blogpost. So there. I miss you all and I'll see you later this week. Byeeeeeeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment