Friday, November 22, 2013

Be Totally Jealous!!! (ish)

Well hello there! I, currently, am sitting in the living room of a house on Grand Turk island in the Turks and Caicos. It's very warm here and today I went scuba diving. It was quite exciting. I suppose I'll tell you about my trip. Be prepared to be totally jelly!

It all started out on Wednesday night. We left at nine pm and drove to the airport in Salt Lake City. We then went through security, found our gate, boarded the plane, and took off. On this flight, I was rather uncomfortable. You see, we were flying to New York to make a connection to the main island where we would take a small pond hopper to Grand Turk. So as I was saying. I was sitting by the window next to this lady who sat kinda, really, super close to me. I could barely move without hitting her. So eventually I just put in complimentary ear plugs and attempted to sleep. Key word being attempted. I think I slept like, an hour on that plane. Ya... I got off the plane the next day at around six o'clock New York time. We got breakfast, I had a coffee and bagel, and then went over to the Delta section of the JFK airport. Since my daddy-dearest is a pilot, we were able to hang out in the pilot's lounge. It was lovely.

They have reclining chairs with airplane pillows and blankets for the pilots to sleep, so I sat mah butt in one o' dem chairs and read mah book. I read dat shiz fo two hours cuz I am a strong, independent, black woman. And I don't need no man in my life!

Woah! Sorry... I don't know what just happened there... Anyway, so we went there until eight and went back over to the Jet Blue side of the airport and got over to our next plane. This one was even worse. I sat next to the most annoying woman you will ever meet! She had an annoying, nasally, New York accent. I mean, the accent was cool, but the nasally annoying voice? Ugh! Anyway, I just plugged in my Green Day, but not before getting a nasty look for my hair, music, and clothes, and just ignored the abomination for the rest of the flight. Did I mention I was stuck by the window for another three hours? So finally the plane landed and we got off and went to get on the next one... Which was in an hour and a half... So we got food. I had the most amazing lobster wrap! Or, maybe not... I dunno... It tasted amazing, but maybe I was just hungry. Anyway, we got on the next plane and it was cool. It was a small pond hopper, so my dad sat in the co-pilot's seat and I sat right behind him and watched the pilot work his magic.

We got off the plane after half and hour, got a ride to where we're staying, and met up with my parents friends. We ate dinner, and by then I was half-asleep. I wasn't too tired though, since I ate dinner. Before I left though. I realized something. It was terrible. So, so terrible. I didn't even know how it had happened!

I had five bug bites! All on one hand! It was so, so terrible! My mother was able to go to the store and get me some anti-itch cream and I applied it and fell asleep. This morning, (yes we traveled an entire day) I woke up to my family being loud. I got up, only to realize I had three more bug bites! What the Hell? I put on more cream, sprayed myself with bug spray and sun-screen, put on my bathing suit, and gathered my gear.

I walked down the street over to a nice little building where everyone was. We all gathered our stuff up, got ready, and went to the boat. The driver took us a little off shore and tied up. We all put on the rest of our gear and got going. By now you're probably wondering, what are they doing?

We're scuba-diving. My favorite thing in the entire world. I can't even describe how amazing it is. You feel weightless, peaceful. It's so amazing! The only thing you can hear is the sound of the reg when you inhale and your bubbles when you exhale. It's amazing. I would've just fallen asleep and let mysel sink if I could have it was peaceful. I went on two dives today before coming back to shore and eating lunch. I then went back to our little house thingy and fell asleep again. I slept for a really long time before putting on a dress and going to dinner. Tonight, I had shrimp pasta and it was delicious. I finished dinner, had key-lime pie, then went over to our friend's house thingy to bum off their internet to write this damned blog post. All for you Mr. Parker. I hope you're jealous now. Deal with it!
Since I have to include a picture... And don't make fun of me, the salt-water turned my hair into a gravity-defying mess!!! BTW: I miss all y'all!!! Imma try to post everyday or every other day to show you how much fun I'm having and your not!!! Adios until tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment